Business Development Representative | North East Asia | Remote Job at Secure Code Warrior – Sydney NSW
Cyber security is one of the fastest growing priorities across industries, with over half of developers expecting it to become even more important over the next 12-18 months.
Here at Secure Code Warrior (SCW), we’re focused on transforming security and compliance from a check-box on the roadmap to an always-on mindset across the DevOps cycle. Our approach focuses on upskilling developers through gamification of learning and integrating with their preferred tool sets, such as GitHub and Jira. With SCW, companies are able to differentiate from their competition, and ship code faster and more securely than ever.
Founded in 2015 out of Australia, we are a truly global remote-first company with employees all across the globe including Australia, America, Belgium, England, Iceland and more. Plus, an exciting list of global brands that we’re proud to include as our customers, such as JP Morgan Chase & Co, Zoom, and Atlassian.
After raising Series B in 2019, from firms such as Goldman Sachs and Cisco Investments, we’re excited to be in the next phase of our growth, focusing on scaling the business to bring secure coding education and developer tools to the world!
Top Employee Benefits: *
Global Flexible Work Schedule
Unlimited Paid Time Off (really, we mean it!)
Remote/ Optional Hybrid (Office space available in some locations)
12 Weeks Gender Neutral Parental Leave
You’ll work within a Global Team of Business Development Representatives supporting a regional Account Executive and in tandem with our marketing team, to scale our business into new territories across the North East Asia region.
You will be a critical part of our new customer acquisition strategy, ensuring the continued growth of our footprint in the market. Our team works across all levels of a prospect’s organisation to understand their business objectives and help them understand how SCW can help empower developers to build secure code from the start.
What will I do?
- In partnership with Account Executives (AE), develop lists of target prospects for outreach.
- Identify potential prospects, and transition qualified lead to AEs for further follow up.
- Make a great first impression with prospects by demonstrating strong knowledge in cyber-security, SCW, and our competitors
- Represent our brand and vision at conferences, events, and industry meetups creating and developing interest in SCW.
- Speak with key executives/buyer personas/positions to create and develop interest in SCW.
- Responsible for pipeline growth and forecast accuracy in accordance with expectations set by sales leadership.
What are we looking for?
- 2 years’ experience in a B2B position with an emphasis on sales or sales development.
- Can speak either of the following languages: Mandarin and or Cantonese, Korean or Japanese
- A proven history of quota over-achievement.
- Ability to uncover customer and developer needs and effectively differentiate how SCW will help.
- You’re an excellent communicator with a high emotional IQ. You strive to be articulate and empathetic in your interactions. You have a way with words—you can write a great email and carry on a good conversation.
- You are a team player who values outcomes—you are someone who is driven to succeed both as an individual but also as a team.
- You are hungry, self-directed and motivated when it comes to problem-solving and working on multiple leads at once.
- Working with team members in different time zones will be the new normal for you, so being able to stay determined, even when the answers aren’t in front of you, is essential.
You’re joining us at an exciting stage in our journey, and are key to our future success. You’ll have the opportunity to create impact, deliver on your ideas, and use your spark; experience and expertise to help us live long and prosper.
Warriors have full flexibility. We appreciate that you’ll do your best work when you’re rested and energized. With our business operating globally, there’s no 9-5 grind at Secure Code Warrior. You’re encouraged to work the days, times and in the way that suits your best. We also offer generous leave and work from home options so you can make work work for you.
We’re a tight-knit team that values humility, diversity, giving back to the community and to each other. Giving back is key to being a Warrior, and we do what we can to make the world a little bit brighter as we work to make it more secure.
Diversity. Inclusion. They’re more than just words for us. They’re the hard-and-fast principles guiding how we build our teams, cultivate leaders and create a company where every single person feels safe and celebrated. We have a global, multicultural following—we want to reflect that inside our walls and ensure people come as they are, we like it that way!
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: Secure Code Warrior –
Company Location: Sydney NSW